Leobino N. Sampaio
Universidade Federal da Bahia
Instituto de Matemática
Av. Adhemar de Barros, S/N, Campus de Ondina, 40170-110 Salvador - Bahia, Brazil
Phone: +55 71 3283 6309
Prof. Leobino N. Sampaio is associate Professor in the Computer Science Department at Federal University of Bahia (UFBA). He holds Bachelors (1996) and M.Sc. (2002) degrees in Computer Science, both received from Salvador University (UNIFACS) and Ph.D. in Computer Science From Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE) in 2011. He has a large experience in computer networks, in particular, network measurements and performance evaluation. Currently, Dr. Sampaio is researcher and leader of the Group of Algorithms and Distributed Computing (GAUDI) and infrastructure and Systems for Networks and Telecom (INSERT). Dr. Sampaio is member and assistant coordinator of the RNP’s Technical Committee on Network Monitoring (CT-Mon), member of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC), and member of the Steering Committee of the Network of Experimentation in the Future of the Internet between Brazil and Europe (FIBRE). Dr. Sampaio is reviewer of international journals, such as IEEE Communication Magazine, Computer Networks (1999), the IEEE eTransactions on Network and Service Management, IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, and the IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. His research interests include Information-Centric Networking (ICN), in particular the NDN Architecture, applied to mobile scenarios, such as VANETs, FANETs, and IoT. He is also interested in Future Internet Architectures, such as Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and new network paradigms and solutions, e.g., Tactful Networking and Blockchains.
· Teaching activities at UFBA
o MATE59 – Computer Networks
o MATE05 - Future Internet. Challenges, applications, research topics
o MATE18 - Software-Defined Networking
o Future Internet Architectures and Networking Technologies (VANETs, IoT, ICN/NDN, SDN)
o Network Performance Analysis
o Network Performance Measurement
· Francisco Renato C. Araújo, Antonio M. de Sousa, Leobino N. Sampaio, “SCaN-Mob: An opportunistic caching strategy to support producer mobility in named data wireless networking,” Computer Networks, 2019, doi: 10.1016/j.comnet.2019.04.008
· A. M. de Sousa, F. Araújo R.C. and L. N. Sampaio, "A Link-Stability-Based Interest-Forwarding Strategy For Vehicular Named Data Networks," in IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 16-26, May./Jun. 2018. doi: 10.1109/MIC.2018.032501512
· A. V. Ribeiro, L. N. Sampaio and A. Ziviani, "Affinity-Based User Clustering for Efficient Edge Caching in Content-Centric Cellular Networks," 2018 IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), Natal, 2018, pp. 00474-00479. doi: 10.1109/ISCC.2018.8538499
· S. S. Pires, A. V. Ribeiro, A. M. de Sousa, A. E. S. Freitas and L. N. Sampaio, "On Evaluating the Influence of User’s Music Listening Habits on Cache Replacement Policies," 2018 IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), Natal, 2018, pp. 00930-00933. doi: 10.1109/ISCC.2018.8538757
· Costa, R. L.; Viana, A. C.; Ziviani, A.; Sampaio, L. N.,”Humanos no ciclo de comunicação: facilitadores das redes de próxima geração,” In: Daniel Guidoni. (Org.). Livro de Minicursos do XXXVI Simpósio Brasileiro de Redes de Computadores e Sistemas Distribuídos. 36ed.Porto Alegre: Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), 2018, v. 1, p. 1-1. (Book Chapter, in Portuguese).
· Greve, F. G. P.; Sampaio, L. N.; Abijaude, J.; Coutinho, A.; Brito, I. V. S.; Queiroz, S., “Blockchain e a Revolução do Consenso sob Demanda,” In: Daniel Guidoni. (Org.). livro de Minicursos do XXXVI Simpósio Brasileiro de Redes de Computadores e Sistemas Distribuídos. 36ed.Porto Alegre: Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC), 2018, v. 1, p. 1-1. (Book Chapter, in Portuguese).
· A. C. d. S. Araujo, L. N. Sampaio and A. Ziviani, "BEEP: Balancing Energy, Redundancy, and Performance in Fat-Tree Data Center Networks," in IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 44-53, 2017. doi: 10.1109/MIC.2017.2911436
· André Luiz Romano Madureira (M.Sc.)
· Jane Barbosa Santos (M.Sc.)
· Lucas Souza Santos (M.Sc.)
· Antonio Cléber (Ph.D.)
· Francisco Renato Cavalcante Araújo (Ph.D.)
· Guilherme Araújo (Ph.D.)
· Italo Valcy da Silva Brito (Ph.D.)
· Rafael Costa (Ph.D.)
· Stéfani Silva Pires (Ph.D.)
· Antônio Mateus de Sousa (M.Sc.)
· Adriana Viriato Ribeiro (M.Sc.)
· Antônio Cléber Araújo (M.Sc.)
· Diêgo Braga Monteiro de Moura (M.Sc.)
· Igor David Brito Caldeira (M.Sc.)
· Eliseu Silva Torres (M.Sc.)
· Wallas Froes (M.Sc.)
· Nilton Flávio Sousa Seixas (M.Sc.)
· BAMBU - A Metropolitan Innovation Testbed for Promoting Future Internet Research in Salvador city (Project presentation)
o Short Description: Its main goal is to design and implement a metropolitan innovation testbed for promoting practical Future Internet research in the city of Salvador, Bahia.
o Partners: Universidade Federal da Bahia (UFBA), Instituto Federal da Bahia (IFBA), Centro de Pesquisa Gonçalo Moniz – Bahia (Fiocruz-Ba), Rede Nacional de Ensino e Pesquisa (RNP), Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo (UFES), Laboratório Nacional de Computação Científica (LNCC), Florida International University (FIU), and Phillips Research North America.
· Human-aware Named-Data Networking
o Short Description: As part of MACACO project coordinated by Profa. Aline Viana at INRIA. The project consists of a proposal of an international cooperation whose main objective is to identify new strategies that contribute to the offloading of data in mobile networks.
o Partners : Universidade Federal da Bahia (UFBA) and Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA)
Curriculum Vitae: check out this CV Lattes (in portuguese)